Friday, October 17, 2008

Granny Squares!!!

So a fellow Crochetville memeber and blogger has asked to see some of the things we have done with Grannies, so I decided I'd give her a peak. I have not completed all that many grannies for the simple fact that I am still not comfortable with joining them... I have only ever connected 12 or was it 16 (I'm really not sure, I will have to take a pic later and add it, I do believe since the afghan is not completed that I have not photographed it yet. It's a giant granny square afghan with the 12 or 16 smaller grannies in the center, then a continues round outside of that)

A few months ago I was part of the Spring Secret Pals Swap at the ville and in the begining they asked us to donate at least one square for some end of the round prizes and I think a ville gahn too... I donated 10, after I did the first few I just flew thru them, I followed a few patterns for the first couple and then after that I made some up as I went along...



all images are clickable...

Other than that I made the squares for my gaint granny #2 (as mentioned in another post and earlier in this one) which were just your basic granny. Which I thought I had pictures of in my photobucket so I could add them while here at work, and I don't! That stinks...
So I will end this with some more images of the first giant granny I made (and completed)
I'll be back shortly to add a post with pics of my scarves....

2 comments:

Marie Anne said...

Missy, thank you so much for sharing your pictures. I'm glad I asked!

That giant granny is absolutely gorgeous. I'll bet you're like me and put together colors you wouldn't think would work, but they work great.

mis1110 said...

I loved that afghan too, but I had to give it away... I only need so many afghans myself, it was hard to part with it, I love the color combination.